Monday, May 2, 2011

99 bottles of beer on the wall...

99 bottles of beer! Ugh, I'm so bored. Madeline's in the oven right now and I can't wait to paint her next layer! Here's what I just finished -- veins!


About to go in the oven!

So my next step will be flesh layers! I was soooo nervous to do the veining because I wanted to get it juuuust right! The first time I did it (on my Berenguer bath doll) they were WAY too dark and she looked like a little alien or something. I think I did ok on Madeline. I'm doing her before Leah just because that way if by trial and error I somehow screw her up a tiny bit, it won't kill me... lol.

Two more minutes and I get to take her out! But then I have to wait for her to cool... :(. Darn it. I just want to see what she'll look like when I'm done with her. I still have to order her a body, which is only like $20 bucks. ((Is that redundant? Twenty dollar bucks? Who knows...)) There is one on Ebay that I have my eye on, and as a plus it comes with a free little newborn hat.

Still waiting for the nameless baby brother to come in the mail; I really thought she'd be here today... but all I got was some more paints. I haven't decided what to name him because, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my husband HATES practically all boy names. One name we've kind of agreed on but I don't just looove is Brandon, which is my hubby's middle name. Maybe Brandon Rhys? I think that could be cute.

Yay! I just got Maddie out of the oven! The veins look great -- light and realistic! Can't wait till she cools, I hate the smell of her when she's hot. Ha! That just sounds weird.

Man I'm bored. What to do, what to do. I'm current on my Facebook feed, I've watched every single video on painting reborns on YouTube available so I can't do that... hmm.

Oh, I did some planting in my box garden this evening! I'll have to post a picture when I get some more sprouts. I transplanted a few of my herbs and also a tomato plant, some corn and radish sprouts. I sure hope something grows and we can harvest at least a few veggies later on. I still have squash, watermelon, canteloupe, eggplant and a couple other sprouts that need transplanting but hubby and I need to build our second garden box first!

Oh well, I guess I'll go surf the net some more to try and occupy myself for another half an hour, see ya!

xx Tierney

No comments:

Post a Comment